Radu Vladareanu, Professor, Chair of OB/GYN Department, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, ELIAS University Emergency Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
He was born in Cimpulung, Romania, on 1st December 1962
He graduated Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest in 1987 as chief of his promotion. In 1992 he was accepted as university assistant in Obstetrics and Gynecology in the same University, and advanced to the position of Professor in 2007. He runs the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Elias University Emergency Hospital since 2003.
- PhD – in Obstetrics and Gynecology, “Carol Davila” Medical University, Bucharest
He currently held may positions in academic and professional societies in Romania and international:
- First Vice – President, Romanian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (2022-present)
- President, Romanian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (2018-2022)
- President, Obstetrics and Gynecology Committee of Romanian College of Physicians
- Vice-President, International Society Fetus as a Patient
- President, Romanian Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (2013- present)
- President, Romanian Society for HPV
- President, Romanian Association for Human Reproduction
- Vice-President, South-East European Society for Endometriosis and Infertility
- European Board and College of Obstetrics and Gynecology Council Member – representing Romania
- Regular Fellow of International Academy of Perinatal Medicine
- Director, Ian Donald Inter-University School of Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Romania
- MEDUOG Board Mmember
- Member of the Educational Committee of World Association of Perinatal Medicine (until 2019)
- Co-Editor Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Editor in Chief of two Romanian Journals: Ginecologia.Ro and Deputy Editor of Obstetrica &Ginecologia
He was awarded Sir William Lilley Award, International Society Fetus as a Patient, 2012
He published 8 books, authored 31 chapters in textbooks, (12 of them in international textbooks), editor of 5 translation of major international textbooks in Romanian language, author of 75 ISI published papers, 210 peer-reviewed papers, 184 congress proceedings and abstracts. He has a H-Index 12 (Web of Science Clarivate).
He was the President of many major Romanian National Congresses, of 2 International Congresses and invited speaker to over 70 International Congresses.